Deer Lake Charlie's was first opened in the late thirties by Myron Carlson. When he joined the Navy during WWII, in 1941 Charlie and Vega Blackmer took over running the business while Myron was in the service. Myron Carlson returned and in 1947 built the current 2 story structure known as the Dome. It was owned and mostly operated by Myron and later Tracie Carlson until 1991 when Charlie and Gail took over. Open May to sometime in October, this is a fun family tavern with live music many weekend evenings. Be there or miss out!